Sunday, October 7, 2012

Today

Today is about being grateful. It is to wake up in a cozy bed while its 50 something degrees outside. It is to snuggle in bed until noon with my person, my fluffy orange cat, my cocker spaniel and my chihuahua. It is about a healthy breakfast and green tea. It is the swoosh of the dishwasher and the smell of sawdust and the sound of my wife working in the garage.  It is the napping cat and side by side dog tails wagging. It is tending to my flower beds and going to buy lumber together. It is the new herb shelf that my honey built in the kitchen window. It is staining a coffee table. It is purging old stuff and finding a treasure in the form of an old box spring mattress, to be repurposed into an outdoor trellis. It is leftover dinner from last night's first fall feast with friends. It is open windows and the buzz of our neighbors working in their yards. It is a hot bath, feet up, sweet honey and fuzzy pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment